Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Construction

These are two sea containers taht are used for storage. This last weekend they prepared the ground between the two of them for a cement slab. Then on Monday the people of the mission (some employees and some of the school children's fathers) worked together to prepare and put down cement. This is the way it looked on Monday morning. Gravel down and rebar in place. Around 7 am the work began with around 10 men. Starting with the mixer first then shortly after that they started mixing in a wheelbarrow as well.



Each batch of cement was delivered in a wheelbarrow. As you can see there were many more that showed up (by 8 am or so). They all worked very hard.




This is a picture of the finished cement slab.
Dick will be putting tresses on extendidng from the far side of one container to the other side of the next container. Then cover the two plus the slab with corrugated metal sheets. This new area will then become a storage and work area for the large equipment and fuel.
Thaks for checking in.....please leave a comment if you have one.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a profound dignity in work. Work and family. They lay the foundation for community. That's what it's all about. I think in the US we've lost that sense in many places. That's one of the reasons I love Robstown. Work and family are still valued there.

The people of Haiti are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that. I pray that they're all abundantly blessed, especially the expectant mothers.

Anonymous said...

There is a profound dignity in work. Work and family. They lay the foundation for community and glorify God. I think in the US we've lost that sense in many places. That's one of the reasons I love Robstown. Work and family are still valued there.

The people of Haiti are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that. I pray that they're all abundantly blessed, especially the expectant mothers.